August 1, 2015 | Web Design
The process of developing an effective and outstanding business website is no simple task. Nevertheless, we try to make your website design as painless as possible by asking the right questions up front, using our experience and creativity to come up with ideas and solutions that work for your business, translating complicated jargon and concepts and most important – regularly communicating with you every step of the way.
How does a typical website development process go?
1. We schedule a phone call or meeting so we can learn more about you and your business and discuss your questionnaire.
2. We provide you with a price estimate / proposal
3. If you are interested in moving forward, we send you a contract with all the details of the website development process
4. You return the signed contract with a deposit
5. You provide any text or photo content you have for the website (if copy writing or photography services are needed, we can put you in touch with our partners)
6. You purchase website hosting and a domain name if necessary (we can help you set this up) and provide us the login and password information
7. We create a design mockup(s) of the home page for your new site (these will be emailed to you)
8. You choose a design and provide detailed feedback and any changes needed on the design or overall layout
9. We start coding the framework of the website, inputting text and photos, configuring plug-ins, etc.
10. We upload the website to a live online testing server for your review (your current site will remain up during this time)
11. You provide feedback and let us know of any changes are needed (if additional pages or functionality are needed, we will provide a quote and change order)
12. When we have final approval, we will put the site live on your domain name
13. Final payment is due
14. Once payment has been made, we will schedule your training and provide you with all user names and passwords so you can have total control of your website
How long does it take to build a website?
The turnaround time for website development is usually 6-12 weeks, depending on the size and complexity of your site. Other factors that affect turnaround times are the speed at which we receive the content from you and the planning and approval time you need. We will provide you a more specific time table with your initial proposal. Our process includes multiple check points during the process to ensure your project finishes on time and on budget.
Improvement to Current Site
Websites have come a long ways in the last 5 years. And with the use of mobile devices to access websites on the continual rise, a responsive website that can be viewed and function on a tablet or mobile device is a must. Project LTD can optimize your current site for all devices and give it a face lift. We can also install analytics for you to measure the traffic and analyze results from executed promotions.